All positions are located in the Long Beach, NY facility unless specified
Pharmacy Technicians - Customer Service & Data Entry
Many positions available. All shifts available.
Data Entry Technician Responsibilities:
- Enter new and refill prescription orders into the computer database.
- Check for drug to drug interactions as well as drug allergies.
- Handle billing coverage.
- Responsible for the required information needed on a prescription to process accurately according to all regulations.
- Understanding the importance of accuracy, cut-off times, and attendance.
- (All shifts available).
Customer Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality service to customers of various industries.
- Solve problems and expedite prescription orders.
- Responsible for taking inbound and outbound calls.
- Resolve and clarify medication orders.
- Process requests for refill orders, out on pass, discharge orders and special deliveries.
- Triage prescriptions.
- Experience and knowledge of medical and drug terminology strongly desired.
- Must have strong customer service and communication skills.
- High School Diploma.
- Computer literate, detail oriented.
- Be able to use prescription tracking software and programs.
- Basic reading, verbal, comprehension communication of English.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to Multitask and work with deadlines.
- Minimum 2 year experience working in Long Term Care environment.
- Someone who can take responsibility and is dedicated to customer service and our patients.
- Be able to demonstrate Chem Rx Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, Service, and Compassion.
Acts as liaison between the pharmacy and various Residential Living Agency accounts.
Maintains satisfaction of the client to deliver the best possible services to the Residential Living Agency accounts.
Coordinates pharmacy service between the Residential Living Agency and the pharmacy.
Communicates information and troubleshoots.
- Act as a professional representative of Chem Rx.
- Meet with, or call, appropriate personnel of each Residential Living Agency as required
- Prepare for and attend meetings as scheduled
- Provide in-service education to familiarize accounts with Chem Rx policies and procedures
- Promptly bring new information from pharmacy to appropriate Residential Living Agency staff
- Promptly and appropriately follow up on all issues brought forward
- Identify problematic issues and work to solve them
- Participate in the development of memos, forms, lists, flyers, literature, hand-outs, policies and procedures
- Maintain calendar of scheduled visits and all required tracking
- Participate in monthly team meetings
- Maintain accurate files for each account
- Ensure quality communication between pharmacy and Residential Living Agency.
- Demonstrate effective verbal, computer and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a positive approach to work.
- Show a personal commitment to the successful performance of the company
- Be self motivated and follow through without prompting
- Attend seminars, educational dinner programs, and events as requested
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Obtain patient information correctly.
- Contact doctors/nurses to gather order details or patient information and have orders written correctly.
- Monitor personal schedule in order to be in on time and work out days off and vacation with supervisor or director.
Work Experience / Qualifications:
- Required: 1 - 2 years working in a Long Term Care environment
- Desired: 2 - 5 years of working in a Long Term care environment
- Demonstrated ability to do job
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to prioritize
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Computer knowledge
- Required: Valid NYS Drivers License
- Desired: Certified AMAP or Healthcare Related Certification
- Must be able to travel between the office and Residential Living Agency locations throughout the day and regularly visit Residential Living Agencies throughout the New York metropolitan area
- Must be able to monitor operations at Residential Living Agencies and communicate with Residential Living Agency personnel as well as pharmacy representatives in real time
- Must be goal oriented and efficient
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to self direct
We offer a competitive salary, paid training and the following benefits package:
- Medical with prescription drug plan
- Life: Basic, Voluntary, Dependent
- Short and Long term Disability
- HealthCare and Dependent FSA
If interested, please submit resume along with salary requirements and schedule availability to email@example.com
Chem Rx is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Chem Rx is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer EEO/D/V/M/F.
Contact: (516) 536-0800